Projects: Rhododendron Project

Click any image to view an enlarged version.

This is an abbreviated version of the transformation... Click here for "The Whole Story".

Rhododendron ProjectMark’s house was an exciting five-month project for us. This structure was built around 1930 and had seen many years of neglect. Structural repairs included sections of new foundation, new floor joists, new exterior wall framing, and two girders to support the weight of the house.

Front-side "transformation" photos.

Kitchen "transformation" photos.

Rhododendron Project

Once the structure was stabilized, we started on the fun stuff… We gutted and completely updated the entire first floor. This included all new wiring, new plumbing, insulation (for the first time ever…), kitchen and dining room tile, drywall, custom trim, new windows and doors, and all-new kitchen cabinets, counter-tops, and appliances.


Rear-side "transformation" photos.

Rhododendron ProjectOutside, we removed aluminum siding to expose the original wood lap siding underneath. We made repairs, hand-sanded, and painted the exterior. We created and installed new window trim to match the original look of the house, which had been lost over the years.


Rhododendron ProjectA covered front porch was added to the home, and the side porches and back deck were completely refurbished. Finally, a new garage door to complement the original river-rock garage was custom-made and installed.


Rhododendron ProjectAfter moving in, Mark spent the summer adding some beautiful landscaping to complete the transformation.

This is an abbreviated version of the transformation... Click here for "The Whole Story".


Other photos